The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has asked that we share important information to Members, their clients and trade chain partners about the eManifest initiative.
CBSA eManifest Information for All Stakeholders
eManifest requirements for highway carriers to transmit cargo and conveyance data to the CBSA before goods arrive at the border are mandatory beginning November 1, 2012. All eManifest data transmission methods are now available for highway carriers, including:
- the Internet-based eManifest Portal, developed by the CBSA primarily for small- to medium-sized businesses, and
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) options (Value Added Network, Customs Internet Gateway, Direct Connect to the CBSA and Third Party Service Providers).
Several resources are available on the CBSA Web site to help clients prepare for mandatory eManifest requirements and for use when informing stakeholders. For example, you can:
Link to updated information in the eManifest section of the CBSA Web site such as:
- requirements for commercial clients
- implementing eManifest
- the ACI/eManifest Highway Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document (ECCRD)
- transmission options including access to, and information on, the eManifest Portal
- eManifest client support information
- encourage participation in free online eManifest presentations and Webinars, and
- download and/or order the newest publication that is now available on the CBSA Web site for reference, reproduction and/or dissemination at key distribution points: eManifest Portal – Information for highway carriers
For more information visit the CBSA eManifest website.
CIFFA Website News