Footwear Case Study
A leading US and Canadian manufacturer of footwear products faced a complex challenge with their previous warehouse.
• Tight ship windows and ship dates we’re not met
• No real-time online visibility to transaction processes
• Inventory shrinking as a percentage of sales
• Paying expensive charge backs & duty fees
The footwear manufacturer needed a provider specializing in retail distribution & warehousing services to meet the special requirements of the footwear industry.
• Decreased operating costs and improved supply chain
• Vendor compliance eliminated costly charge backs
• Utilized Foreign Trade Zone brokerage
• Increased cash fl ow by deferral and avoidance of fees
The customer’s complex challenges were embraced and a customized solution was provided, increasing cash flow and improving operational efficiencies.
• Reduced distribution costs as a percentage of sales
• Online visibility to all transaction services
• Documented vendor compliance assurance
• EDI-ASN 856, retail routing service
• FTZ cost savings program