What is CARM? CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management
APRIL 16, 2020 – CARM IS CURRENTLY POSTPONED
More information here: https://cscb.ca/article/announcement-re-postponement-carm-solution-deployment
The CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is a multi-year initiative that will transform the collection of tax and duty for goods imported into Canada. Through CARM, the CBSA will modernize and streamline the process of importing commercial goods into Canada.
Once fully implemented, CARM will:
- Simplify the overall importing process
- Provide a modern interface for importing into Canada
- Give importers self-service access to their own information
- Reduce the cost of importing into Canada
- Improve consistency in trade rules and decisions
- Strengthen compliance verification and fraud detection
Read more about the features and benefits of the CARM initiative.
COUNTDOWN TO CARM!
In the simplest of terms, CARM will be akin to “Online Banking” for importers to Canada. Importers, for the first time ever, will be able to login, view their transactions, see their duties & taxes, see how much money they owe CRA for their imports, do some minor adjustments and pay duties & taxes. (Currently this is done via CD Rom request via a paper document!)
This is the CBSA’s first ‘all cloud’ environment where this product is fully cloud based in a modern environment.
A & A will help get our customers registered and ready to work within CARM.
What will you as an Importer have to do?
- Login and register to CARM (When available – date TBA)
- Login and link / delegate access to your Customs Broker and other service providers
What information will be available to Importers?
- All of your import / transactions
- Duty & tax calculations
- Amounts owing to CRA
- Any refunds or adjustments
- More, TBA
Read, watch or listen about our CARM coverage here: