Freight Forwarding Case Study
A Canadian company is looking to open up new markets and distribute DVD players throughout Europe. To be successful it was imperative that the shipping process was transparent for the buyer and that they would not have to deal with price uncertainties, shipping or customs related issues. It was also important that costs were kept to a minimum so that the product would have an attractive price point and that delivery times were controlled.
Consulting with our freight forwarding specialists a customized solution is developed to meet the vendor’s specific goals for the European market. Services included: guidance on marking, labeling and packaging, completing export documentation, shipment consolidation and transportation management, rate negotiation, cargo insurance, export reporting, shipping to consolidated entry point, customs clearance, warehousing and fulfillment from point of arrival throughout Europe.
• Accurate “delivered” price provided at time of sale
• Seamless process for Canadian company
• Transparent process for buyer in Europe
• Savings on shipping and customs clearance fees
• Improved delivery times
• Improved inventory management
• Enhanced customer service
• Increased sales and market share