Potential CBSA Strike
The Public Service Alliance of Canada says some of its members have begun voting in June for a potential strike.
How did we get here:
- PSAC said their members have been without a contract for nearly three years. Talks with the CBSA and Treasury Board broke off in December
- PSAC said the two sides have been unable to agree on better protections for staff
- The two sides also appeared before a public interest commission in May. Recommendations are still outstanding
What you need to know:
- The union requires that members attend an information session before they can vote
- Voting was expected to be completed by June 28, 2021. However, additional sessions have been scheduled for July 6, 8 and 14
- Voting is electronic
- And a vote in favour of moving forward with a strike does not necessarily mean a strike is imminent
A & A – Next Steps:
- We will continue to monitor the developments of a possible CBSA Strike
- Customers will be notified of possible impacts if a CBSA Strike is announced
The CBSA will provide another update on a potential strike on July 14, 2021.