The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

What are the most common types of entries in the United States?

Formal Entry:

Non – U.S. goods valued over $2,500.00.
U.S. goods valued over $10,000.00
All articles regulated by the Food & Drug Administration

Information Entries:

Goods valued under $2,500.00
Some commodities do not qualify for informal entry, such as furniture, plastics and textiles

Section 321:

Goods valued under $800.00 that would enter duty-free and do not require any other Government Agency review

In-Transit Bond ( IT ):

Move items from one U.S. port to another without the goods entering the commerce of the U.S. (A bonded carrier must be used)

Transportation and Export Bond ( T&E ):

Move goods through the U.S. without entering the commerce of the U.S. to be exported to a Foreign Country

Temporary Importation Bond ( TIB ):

This will allow for products that are dutiable to enter into the U.S. for one year without paying duties
There are many restrictions and liabilities for TIB’s
Please contact our office for further consultation

in Importing into the USA

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.