The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

Can I import endangered wild animals and plants/foods?

Environment Canada administers the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora commonly known as CITES. All CITES regulated wild animals and plants whether dead or alive are controlled including their parts or derivatives and specimens bred in captivity or artificially propagated. Appendix I,II and III of the convention indicate whether these products can be imported and if so with the appropriate import permits and export authorization has been obtained from the CITES Management Authority of the country of export. It is important to have the Latin name of the product you are interested in importing as this is how they are indicated on the Appendix. The CITES import permits are issued by the CITES Management Authority of the Canadian Wildlife Service.

in Importing into Canada

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.