The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

Canadian Imports of non-susceptible aquatic animals, commercially do they need a Permit?

Imports of non-susceptible aquatic animals do not require an Aquatic Animal Health Import Permit. They must be accompanied by documentation listing:

  1. Name and address of the exporter
  2. Name and address of the importer,
  3. Taxonomic name of the aquatic animal /life stage/number of animals.
  4. The country in which the aquatic animal was born or where the germplasm came from
  5. If the animal is from captivity or in the wild
in Customs Documentation

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.