The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

I have goods coming to Canada for a trade show, what do I do?

All goods for a trade show that are traveling between countries must be declared on a commercial invoice.

  • If there is a booth, television, flooring material, DVD player, pamphlets samples, etc. each item must be listed individually on the commercial invoice, describing the item, value of each item, units quantity of each and country of manufacture. (Food samples must outline exactly what each sample is )
  • If there are items that qualify for Nafta and they are not listed on the current Nafta’s that A & A Canada or A&A USA hold then a new Nafta Document will be required for those items. The Nafta for shipments to Canada is a separate document than the Nafta for shipments to the USA.

Procedures for Trade Shows

  • Create a commercial invoice for all goods being shipped to Canada
  • If you know some of the items will not be returning to the USA please list on a separate invoice
  • Create Nafta document if applicable.
  • For items that do not qualify for Nafta and have previously been imported into Canada and returned to the USA after the Trade show. Find copies of the customs documents (USA and Canada) from that previous shipment.
  • Send an email to A&A USA docs@aacbusa.com with a copy of the Invoice, Nafta and records of previous customs documents. Please indicate in your covering email if any of the items listed on the Invoice will not be returning to the USA.
  • A & A USA will advise if there are any special requirements for items being returned to the USA after the trade show. Examples: form FCC 740 is required for a TV or DVD player. If you will be returning any of the food samples back to the USA then Food and Drug (FDA) approval and form FDA 2877 will be required.
  • Ensure that the necessary paperwork for return of items is available.
  • Arrange shipping
  • Forward commercial Invoice, Nafta and records of prior import/export (if required) to A&A Canada docs@www.aacb.com.
in Importing into Canada

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.