The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

What do I do if a portion of my shipment was left behind in the U.S.?

We will require the original invoice along with the product invoice that was left behind. A shortage letter from either the carrier or the shipper will be needed to explain what happened. Once we have this information we can use the same transaction that was used on the original shipment and provide to customs the documents. This will prove to customs that the GST was paid on the original shipment. However, a small brokerage fee will be charged to complete the paperwork.

in Importing into Canada

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.