The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

What does a Non Resident Importer need to know?

“In order for a non-resident importer to import goods into Canada, it must undertake the following:

  • Obtain a Business Number
  • Maintain appropriate business records
  • Register for a Goods and Services Tax (GST) number from the Government of Canada
  • Register for Provincial Sales Tax (PST) or Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) where applicable

A & A can help you through this process and make it easy.

in Importing into Canada

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.