The Exporters of Processing Services Program enables qualified companies to import goods belonging to non-residents without paying the Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST), provided that these goods are imported for processing, distribution or storage, and are subsequently exported. This program may be relevant to you if:
- You are registered for GST/HST purposes
- You are able to post financial security if required
- You never transfer possession of the goods to another Canadian business (except for storage, transportation)
- Goods are owned by non-resident(s) who is not closely related to you
- The goods are never consumed or used in Canada and
- The goods will be exported within four years of accounting for them.