The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

Will exporters/vendors in other countries that export to Canada be required to adhere to the new CFIA licensing and registration under the Safe Foods for Canadians Act?

No, Canadian importers must ensure the foods that they import meet the Canadian requirements. Meat, fish, dairy and eggs are already regulated in Canada. Importers must meet the Canadian requirements to bring these products into the country. For food products currently not regulated having a licensing system for importers places the responsibility on them to import safe foods and increase Canada’s ability to act when there is non-compliance.

in Importing into Canada

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.