The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

Importing a yacht or boat at a marine crossing in Canada

If you are importing your marine pleasure craft into Canada over water, you must report to a designated marine site and call the CBSA telephone reporting centre (TRC) at 1-888-226-7277 immediately upon your arrival. You must declare the importation of the vessel to the border services officer at the TRC and follow his or her instructions. If processing cannot take place at the marina, you may be required to report to the closest CBSA office, where you will need to pay any applicable duty and taxes. Please ensure that you have the bill of sale and proof of ownership ready to present to the officer.

Source – http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/imp-mar-eng.html

If you will be importing the yacht commercially we would be happy to assist with the clearance. We would need a copy of the bill of sale and registration for the yacht. We would then coordinate the clearance at the appropriate port on your behalf. I will work out the duty/taxes and clearance fees and forward those to you shortly.

I do recommend reviewing the licensing and registration requirements set out by Transport Canada once the vessel has been imported. Please see the link to their website http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/menu.htm If you prefer to contact them they can be reached at Phone: 1-877-242-8770 (Toll-Free in North America) Email: oep-epe@tc.gc.ca or alternatively at

Transport Canada
620 – 800 Burrard Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2J8
General Information: (604) 666-3518
General Enquiries E-mail: pacific-pacifique@tc.gc.ca

I hope you will find this information helpful and should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

in Customs Documentation

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.