The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

Importing Fish and Seafood Products into Canada

Fish and Seafood Imports

Fish and seafood products shipped to Canada for Commercial purposes, as food or further processing are considered as imports and as such will require a Fish License or a Quality Management Program Import License.

Where do I apply for a Fish License?

Application for a Fish Import License is on the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website. http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/fish-and-seafood/imports/eng/1299825431569/1299825501933

How long will it take me to obtain a fish license?

It will take approximately 10 working days after CFIA receives the application package.

Questions and Answers – On the Fish Import Program?

CFIA has posted some general information on the Fish Import Program that you will find very beneficial. We recommend that you follow this link www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/fispoi/import/pol/queste.shtml

What paperwork will I need to send to A & A for Customs Clearance?

In order to clear your goods through Canada Customs and arrange for CFIA Release, we will require the following documents. 1) Commercial Invoice 2) Copy of your Fish License

in Customs Documentation

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.