The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

What is a T&E Bond and what are the required documents?

“A Transportation & Export (T&E) Bond covers goods from one U.S. port to another U.S. port of exit. From the U.S. port of exit, the goods will be imported into another Country. The required documents for a T&E Bond:

  • A copy of the bill of lading
  • The container number (If applicable)
  • Steamship line, pier and delivery port
  • The name of the vessel the shipment will be on
  • The booking number assigned by the steamship company
  • Names and addresses of the shipper, foreign consignee and the discharge port”
in Customs Documentation

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.