The new A & A experience - if you're looking for something you can't find, let us know here

Business Without Borders ®

What is required to import cheese?

If this is a personal shipment you may bring in 20kg. If it is a commercial shipment you will require a Cheese import license which can be applied for before you start importing from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Secondly, cheese is regulated and a import permit is also required in order to benefit from a lower duty rate. If you do not have a import permit the duty rate for cheese will be over 200%. Permits are obtained from Global Affairs Canada based on a quota. Do not import cheese until you know you have these licenses and permits in place or you may pay large duty amounts.

in Customs Documentation

Related Articles

NOTE: All details pertaining to CARM R2 processes are based on the current information available at the time of writing. As this is subject to change, it’s recommended you periodically check in with the CBSA or your customs broker.